I had a request once to make a crumb cake to which I replied, “what’s a crumb cake?”. I have since learned a few things about this much loved East coast dessert.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 sticks of butter, melted but not hot
- 3 cups cake flour plus 2 Tbsp
- Add the sugars, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter and mix until smooth.
- Mix in the cake flour. I hand mixed it myself. It will be very thick. Once that is mixed together, cover and put aside for twenty minutes or so. You want it to be cooled down (it might be slightly warm from the butter).