I hate broccoli. Why lie. It’s like eating little stiff trees. I’m willing to admit however that it’s healthy for you. While you probably won’t see me eating a pile of broccoli anytime soon, I can get behind some broccoli slaw. Primarily because it doesn’t taste like broccoli. Plus it gives me the crunch as a side dish and keeps me from eating things like chips. This goes great with many things particularly anything that’s been charred on the grill. I use it in my chicken wraps and sometimes just eat it by itself. You will notice that I used Coconut sugar. I like the nutty flavor and it’s equal to 4 grams of sugar per teaspoon. Even if I ate all two cups it still would work within my low carb diet.
This is a particularly easy thing to keep on hand because you literally have almost no work to do. The broccoli slaw is sold already shredded and cut down and it’s one of those things that is better the next day.
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 Tbsp onion finely minced
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl add the mayo, vinegar and sugar. Mix well
- In a mixing bowl add the broccoli slaw, onion, sunflower seeds and toss
- Add the mayo mixture and toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.